Nextcloud Talk High Performance Back-End Requirements
Here you find the minimum system requirements for the Talk High-Performance Back-End (HPB) and how to configure the Network interface to enable communication between the HPB, Nextcloud and the users.
Talk Specific Terminology
- HPB: High-Performance Back-End, the whole server with all it's components
- SFU: Selective Forwarding Unit, this is one component of the HPB. The SFU collects all the media streams and send it out to all participants again.
- Signaling Server: Another component of the HPB which handles the signalling between the server and the participants, e.g. "user X joined a call".
Minimum System Requirements
- 8 GB RAM
- 32 GB free disk (for caching, data will not be stored)
- 4 Cores i7/Xeon
- Ubuntu Linux (LTS), 14.04., 16.04. and 18.04 => packaging for other Linux distributions possible for a extra fee, please reach out to your Account Manager
- This setup is estimated to work for at least about 150 concurrent users
- It should suffice for far larger numbers when talking about webinars